Mar 23, 2009
mirror mirror on the wall
1. The prevailing style or custom, as in dress or behavior: out of fashion.
2. Something, such as a garment, that is in the current mode: a swimsuit that is the latest fashion.
3. The style characteristic of the social elite: a man of fashion.
4. a. Manner or mode; way: Set the table in this fashion.
b. A personal, often idiosyncratic manner: played the violin in his own curious fashion.
5. Kind or variety; sort: people of all fashions.
6. Shape or form; configuration.
my view on fashion:
Fashion evolves through time. Sometimes it repeats, that happens as we are always rotating the trends and all. To me, I think that fashion is very subjective, the master of all things avant-garde, Mr. Galliano himself said that 'there is no rule in fashion'. Wear anything you feel like wearing, as long as its comfortable on your body. be it out of trend or in trend, you choose what you wear. Just be YOU.
They say you can judge someone by the way they dress, really? i am not really sure about this. Partly, maybe. If that's the case, how can you know someone if they are just trend FOLLOWERS? set in your mind, i want to be a trend SETTER. It's better to be quirky, weird, odd..or whatever..than having to wear exactly what other people are wearing. don't u think so? don't be afraid to be bold and different.
Don't get me wrong here, my lovely fashionistas. I sometimes follow trends too, sometimes we couldn't help ourselves, can we? but minimalise it..i mean, everything we do should be done in moderation. We can follow trends, but don't be a slave to it.
What's your interpretation of FASHION? share your thoughts with me.